Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Morning Epiphany; Thanks Google!

So, funny story. I just woke up and rolled out of bed and walked in to the office to write an article about cheesecake. First, as is customary, I checked my email and calendar. The oddest thing showed up on my calendar. Today, at approximately 7:13am, I am scheduled to have an epiphany. I have no idea how that got on my calendar; I'm sure I didn't write it. Maybe Google is trying to encourage me. Is it April Fool's?


I better hurry, I only have 6 minutes before my epiphany. I should prepare. But if I prepare, it won't be an epiphany (was THAT my epiphany?). Epiphanies, I am told, are sneaky creatures that are hidden under the mundane, and they are found by wandering around talking like Steve Erwin ("Todaiy we are liooking for the elUUsive epiphanay, croikey!"). Hm, that may not be right...


Oh, sad. Epiphany passed. I guess it was that you can't rush an epiphany. You rush an epiphany, you get rotten epiphanies.


So there it is, the comical start to my day. Hope you have one too! I still have to write my article and take a shower before work. That's life!


Today's Song of the Day:
A Happy Working Song, from Enchanted

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Happy+Working+Song/6311472

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!! I just found out what it is...it's an Italian Holiday called Befana, or Epiphany. An old woman comes and delivers toys like Santa, on January 5th. I didn't know I had Italian Holidays in my calendar, but thank you to my Italian friends....in Ireland :) I love you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Befana

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the epiphany-creature metaphor.

    Let me know the next time you need an epiphany. I got cheap ones for around $20.

    ReplyDelete